Dear Parents of K-6 Students,
Welcome to the 2016-17 School Year! Thank you all for selecting an outstanding education at EDUPRIZE for your child. We have a wonderful new year of education and adventures to look forward to this year. As we prepare for the new beginnings, there are a few things I would like to bring to your attention so that we are all ready to go on July 20th!
- For your convenience, all Open House forms, which includes Emergency Documents, are online. Please fill out all forms online, print and bring them with you to Open House. Our website is www.eduprizeschools.net.
- Open House is Monday July 18th for grades 1-6. Teachers will be available from 8:00 – 4:00 but specific times are set aside for each teacher to help facilitate the flow of traffic. Attend your assigned time if you are able, but if not, join us at a time that works for your family. Open House for kindergarten is on Friday, July 15th. Teachers will be available from 10:00 until 4:00 but with specific times. All times are available on the website.
- The first day of school is Wednesday, July 20th and all students are required to be in attendance.
- We have two new members in our elementary administrative team this year. Tom Swaninger, who is joining us from Chandler, will be our new Assistant Principal and Robin Yeargain, who is a 10 year EDUPRIZE teacher, will be our Dean of Students. They will be out and about during Open House, so make sure you say hi and introduce yourself and your child!
- You will receive carpool information at Open House; please review it thoroughly!
- All of our teachers are incredible and we are very pleased that nearly all of our teachers this year are returning teachers from last year! If your child is placed with a new teacher or one you don’t know, please do not ask for a room change. Give it time and you will discover yet another extraordinary EDUPRIZE teacher!
- We were delighted by the positive response to the Degree Program this year and will be continuing the program for the 2016-17 school year! Each quarter the students will be able to earn a “degree” by accomplishing a grade level specific set of criteria. The expectations will include academic, behavior and attendance tasks. In addition, as a way to highlight continuous education, each classroom will represent a college. Each Monday, we will have a College Day where the students can wear their college colors and a college lanyard displaying pins that they have earned. As a part of Curriculum Nights, during the first few weeks of school year, we will provide you with additional information.
I look forward to seeing you all at Open House on the July 15th or 18th!
IMPORTANT Information from the School Nurse: Please Read